The following must be submitted for registration of the birth of a child:
- written declaration (you can obtain the template on the website of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia at www.moj.am or from the body of the Civil Status Acts Registration Agency)
- identification document of parents (one of the parents) and the person applying for state registration;
- documents deemed to serve as ground for filling in information about the father in the birth record of the child (i.e. marriage certificate, divorce certificate, certificate of death of father);
- document certifying the birth of the child:
- the standard document on birth issued by the medical institution where the birth has taken place, or
- the standard document on birth issued by the medical institution which has provided medical aid during childbirth, or
- the standard document on birth issued by the person engaged in medical activities as prescribed by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia — in case of birth having taken place outside the medical institution, or
- in case of birth outside of a medical institution and without providing medical aid— standard written declaration on the birth issued by the person(s) who were present during childbirth, and a statement of information issued by the medical institution on the health of the child.
In case of absence of the aforementioned documents, state registration of the child’s birth is carried out on the basis of the court judgement entered into legal force on verifying the fact of the child’s birth.
- In addition to the aforementioned documents, also one copy of the contract concluded with the surrogate mother as prescribed by law, if state registration of the child’s birth is carried out upon declaration of the persons in marriage and the man or woman not in marriage who have benefited from the assisted reproductive technologies as provided for by law.